How Ward Mechanical Contractors is Handling COVID-19
At Ward Mechanical Contractors, we take the safety of our customers and our staff very seriously. While this is true every day, it’s especially important in this time of heightened concern. Because our services play a vital role in maintaining health, safety, and comfort in the our community, we will be remaining open during this time. But, you can rest assured that we’re taking steps to minimize the impact of COVID-19.
Below you will find a brief outline of our plan for addressing the virus. If you need service, please call our main line at 225-667-6771.
How Ward Mechanical Contractors is Working to Protect You
Per the CDC and WHO guidelines, we are making some changes to our normal operating procedures. We will also be adopting rigorous cleaning protocols during the outbreak. While these adjustments may seem inefficient or awkward, they’re necessary to ensure the health of those we serve.
- Staff Care: Any employees running fever or showing symptoms will be asked to remain home until medically clear.
- Scheduling Questions: When you call to make an appointment, our office team will ask if anyone in your home has had a fever, flu-like symptoms, cough or shortness of breath, has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has been exposed to the virus. Please note that answering “yes” to any of these will not disqualify you from service. It will just allow our staff to be properly equipped with masks and gloves before entering your home.
- Safety Measures: Troubleshooting equipment can sometimes be done from the exterior of your home, but there are times when our staff must go inside. In those situations, nitrile gloves and masks will be worn. If you have an allergy to any of these products, please let us know ahead of time.
- Sanitization: Our trucks come stocked with disinfectant sprays and sanitizing wipes. After completing a job, your technician will wipe down any areas with which they had contact. This includes thermostats, door knobs, door handles, etc.
- Distancing Efforts: Some of our office staff will be relocated to remote locations during the COVID-19 outbreak. In some situations, we may ask to see pictures or videos of your equipment to better understand the problem you want addressed in order to optimize scheduling and help minimize face-to-face contact.
- Area-Based Responses: While we continue to service our community, we will take extra precautions around clients in areas deemed high-risk by the CDC, State and Local Health Officials.
- Authorization: We usually require a written signature on paper or a tablet prior to beginning work, however, to reduce the risk of contact, we will require electronic authorization via text or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regarding Maintenance Calls and Other Scheduled Visits
We’ll reach out to you before our visit to outline the above procedures.
At Ward Mechanical Contractors, we value your peace of mind. We understand the current situation may be more concerning for some of our clients than it is for others. If you would prefer, we’re happy to reschedule any pre-existing appointments. To do so, please call us at 225-667-6771.
Our Planning Standards
Ward Mechanical Contractors will be updating this page regularly as the situation develops. Please check your email and follow us on social media for any updates. If you have any questions regarding this policy or wish to discuss our COVID-19 response plan in more detail, please call 225-667-6771 or email us.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.